So one of the kids got their hands on your nail varnish and started to play “make-up” games with it. Next thing you know the bottle has fallen on the carpet and is spilling everywhere. What should you do…
- Scoop up and blot as much of the spill as possible. Vacuum up any dry particles.
- Get a bottle of nail varnish remover.
- Pretest the cleaning solution on an inconspicuous spot of carpet to ensure it does not discolor or damage the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the stain area. Work from the outside of the stain toward the center.
- Allow the cleaning solution to remain on the spill for at least five minutes.
- Blot with a clean white cloth until no more stain transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the stain area or you might damage the carpet fibers.
- Rinse with cold water. Be sure all cleaning solution is removed from carpet.
- If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until either the stain is removed or the stain no longer transfers to the cloth.
- Once the stain is removed, place layers of white paper towel on the site to absorb any moisture. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
For professional help then call us.